The role of the Audio Strategist is to support revenue generation of the NZME’s audio brands, positioning our team in the market as the media partner of choice. Using your planning expertise this will be achieved through the development and delivery of audience-led, innovative media strategies that help bring NZME’s audio offering to life.
You’ll be a key member of the audio planning team working across all incoming audio briefs to win greater revenue share. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for managing agency and direct radio planning providing strategic solutions which add value for NZME clients.
- Generate commercial ideas and opportunities based on data and insights that enhance NZME’s reputation in the market.
- Understand and be regularly updated on each area of the business – the capability, the opportunity, and the ongoing performance – finger on the pulse of what’s working, what’s not and what is about to take off.
- Collaborate with colleagues to update and educate them on NZME’s audio portfolio and the commercial opportunities.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key commercial stakeholders
- Complete post-campaign analysis as required.
- Confidently present audio strategies internally and externally and lead audio planning discussions/brainstorms.
- 3+ years’ experience in publisher side sales teams or media agency.
- Tertiary qualification in business, marketing or media/communications beneficial but not essential.
- Proven experience in media planning and revenue management.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external business partners.
- A strategic thinker and confident being an “audio champion” for the commercial team.
- Expert understanding of audio platforms and the role they play within an audience led, integrated sales solution.
- Thrives in and has a proven track record of achieving outstanding results in a constantly changing environment.
- Collaborative, team-player who enjoys celebrating team success.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
So, what do we offer in return? A company culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work; where we’re diverse & inclusive and foster growth & development in our people. We tell it like it is, challenge the status quo, dare to try, constantly innovate and love some fun along the way!
Your workplace will be in central Auckland in a modern well-equipped office that boasts not only radio studios but newsroom hubs, multiple breakout areas and our popular iHeart lounge that hosts a variety of internal events. You’ll have development opportunities, access to a range of discounted products and services, and be a key member of a high-performing team.
All applicants will be asked about their working rights in New Zealand. Eg. Citizen, resident, visa, no visa etc.