- Drive revenue into our exhibition events.
- Play a critical role in ensuring the overall success of each event.
- Be part of a passionate team who strive for excellence.
At NZME (New Zealand Media and Entertainment), we believe events play an important role in driving economic growth, bringing communities together, and providing enriching experiences and memories. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who’s passionate about sales and events and has a desire to smash targets!
Reporting to the Event Director, we’re looking for a superstar salesperson to join the team and market our Women's Lifestyle Expos and Home & Lifestyle Shows exhibitor sites. But it’s so much more than that! You’ll also be attending these events around the country to assist with production and delivery, so you can see it all come to life and engage face-to-face with your clients (exhibitors).
As a sales lead, you’ll be confident in cold calling, able to quickly pick up software systems and new processes, be extremely proficient on a computer, have fantastic attention to detail and possess excellent communication skills. You’ll develop and maintain a database of current and potential clients, successfully achieving sales targets via proactive sales techniques, completing required documentation and building excellent client relationships.
We take pride in our team culture and welcome those who have a positive outlook, work collaboratively, bring solutions to the table and are eager to muck-in.
- Proven sales experience, particularly in phone sales techniques, with a passion to succeed.
- A self-starter with a ‘want to’ attitude who enjoys taking responsibility for your own outcomes.
- You’re a great people person who has respect for yourself and others. You have high customer service expectations and establish and maintain excellent relationships.
- Confident using technology and the ability to quickly pick up and navigate new systems. Excellent keyboard and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- You’ll proactively support the team to achieve targets, supporting a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Highly organised and very efficient; you enjoy working at a fast pace and juggling multiple tasks.
- You’ll be an effective communicator and relationship builder who can quickly develop a rapport will all people.
- Resilient and able to adapt to change in a positive manner.
- You actively identify issues early and provide a solutions-based approach to solving problems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to really contribute to a team and make a difference. We offer an attractive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, car parking, and more.
NZME is one of New Zealand’s largest media companies, made up of over 50 leading media brands including The New Zealand Herald, Newstalk ZB, ZM, The Hits, iHeartRadio and OneRoof. Our culture is vibrant and supportive, fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. We are big on developing our people and providing opportunities for career growth.
If you’re excited about joining us and taking your career in sales and events to new heights, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply here.
All applicants will be asked about their current working rights in New Zealand. Eg. Citizen, resident, visa or no visa.