In this role you will be responsible for digital innovation and leading front-end development across nzherald.co.nz. As a people leader you will foster a culture of excellence and think strategically to produce scalable solutions. You will encourage staff-led problem-solving and planning. You will be responsible for the development of features and provide technical expertise and recommendations to your team.
This role can be based anywhere in New Zealand, with opportunities to meet up with other team members.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in building, testing and releasing robust, high performance applications that are suitable for current requirements and with flexibility for future changes.
- Develop and maintain site user experiences.
- Develop prototypes quickly.
- Implement A-B tests with Test Engineers and Product Owners.
- Review and influence ongoing design, standards and methods of our development process.
- Research and be aware of other technologies and frameworks which could assist achieve business goals.
- Ensure development estimates are accurate for project planning.
- Manage the development process within the go-to-market and development frameworks (inceptions to completion).
- Ensure high quality software through unit testing and other quality measures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science degree
- Proficient knowledge of React
- 3-5 years HTML
- 3-5 years CSS/SCSS
- Experience with Hooks in React
- ES6, Babel, Rollup, Webpack, Functional JS or similar tools
- Fluent in Git version control
- Good experience working in Linux-based development environments
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams
- Experience in managing high-performing teams
- Ability to design solutions and solve complex problems
- Excellent communicator
We can offer the chance to work in a flexible working environment with the best in the business. We’re an organisation proud of our culture, where you can bring your whole self to work and where we foster growth & development, succession & progression. We tell it like it is, challenge the status quo, dare to try and expect some fun along the way.
Start your next exciting challenge by showing us your talents via CV & cover letter.
Applicants must be a NZ resident or citizen or have a valid work permit.