NZME Radio music brands are looking for a passionate, smart, and dynamic journalist to compile and present accurate and timely news and sport bulletins.
We’re looking for a news junkie, who loves a great yarn and thrives in a fast-paced environment to present music brand news and sport bulletins Monday to Friday’s from 6am to 12pm (inclusive).
As a part of The Hits team, you will also work with on and off-air personnel to compose written and/or digital audio entertainment news and sport updates for The Hits website and social channels.
- You’ll have a journalism qualification, preferably with at least five years' experience (broadcasting experience a plus)
- Be a news junkie with a sound general knowledge
- The ability to write succinct, clean tight copy
- A good broadcasting voice and be able to think on your feet, as live to air work may required
- Great ideas and the dedication to turn them into breaking news stories
- Be a positive, collaborative team member that is motivated to learn
In return you’ll be working with a team who know how to make great radio!
NZME has an environment fostering development, engagement, collaboration, and diversity. We live and breathe our values to be curious, connected, and confident and are on the fast track to achieving our goal of being the home of the best talent in NZ.
Applicants must have NZ residency, citizenship or a valid work visa.