Newstalk ZB is the front runner in the New Zealand radio scene. A station with decades of leading the way in talk programming. Due to an internal promotion, NZME has a rare opportunity to lead this consistently number-one station.
In the Head of Talk role, you will drive the strategy, the people and the overall performance of Newstalk ZB across all platforms; on-air, online and podcasting. You will also lead heartland station Gold AM.
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced broadcast and media professional, used to managing high-profile talent and ready to step up and lead the best team in broadcasting.
- Provide strategic input and expertise to continue positioning Newstalk ZB as the leading radio and multimedia brand in New Zealand
- Lead and coach top-performing talent
- Manage day-to-day programming implementation
- Work with editorial staff to ensure Newstalk ZB is at the forefront of the news agenda
- Contribute to the development of strategies and business plans across NZME
- Think outside the box and ensure Newstalk ZB and Gold AM are always evolving and improving
- Clearly understand the Newstalk ZB and Gold AM audiences and know what drives them
- Be filled with your own ideas on where the brand goes next
You will have a proven track record, be passionate about news and sport and the medium of radio. You will also be highly organised and have excellent attention-to-detail.
In return, we offer the opportunity to work with the best in the business to create engaging content and grow audiences on an award-winning and iconic Kiwi talk brand.
Join our brilliant team and apply in confidence by submitting your CV and cover letter.
Applicants must have legal eligibility to work in New Zealand.