When you’re ready for a change of scenery, then Northland, is waiting for you. Stunning beaches and idyllic scenery everywhere you look make this a beautiful place to live. Every year more and more tourists flock to Northland, and as a result, the economy is steadily growing. Northland is one of the few places in the world where you can truly have it all - unrivalled lifestyle paired with plentiful working opportunities.
NZME reaches over 140,000 Northlanders, through our print, radio and digital brands and now more than ever, Northlanders want to be connected to what’s happening in our community and the world.
No one else can reach Northlanders like NZME and we want you to help us spread the word. We are looking for a Media Specialist to manage an established account portfolio, we have two roles available one based in the Mid North and the other in Whangarei.
The purpose of this role is to provide dynamic, audience-driven, multimedia advertising solutions that utilise our full product range to clients.
Our clients understand the power of media is growing and they need you to educate them and develop their media campaigns, to collaboratively build knowledge that results in smashing their goals out of the park and in turn increases NZME revenue and position in market.
- Account Management and Growth: Grow accounts YoY to achieve projected sales targets, take advantage of new business development opportunities as they arise.
- Personal Growth & Development: Take responsibility for on-going learning and take advantage of all opportunities on offer, ensure thorough knowledge of NZME products and platforms and increase knowledge of media landscape & NZ business markets.
- Self-Management: Know your business and provide reporting and forecasting as required, fully utilise CRM and comply with NZME business rules, be a self-starter who is consistently target driven and motivated to achieve.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven expertise in sales performance and new business development with multiple examples of successfully planned & executed multimedia campaigns that produced tangible results.
- Solid experience in a sales role (preferably in media) where innovation, audience focus and dynamic relationships in sales solutions are critical.
- We offer a base salary and a commission structure that gives you every opportunity to earn your full on-target-earnings.
- We give you all the tools of the trade; Mobile and laptop, plus you'll have use of NZME branded vehicles whilst at work.
- During Lockdown our listenership and readership increases, so during uncertain times, you can be secure in the knowledge that our services and team are valued and needed.
- We run monthly recognition programmes and offer other opportunities to earn more.
- Client focused with strong diagnostic skills.
- Expertise in Sales Performance and Business Development.
- Able to use data and analytics to assist with solutions.
- Understand Multimedia advertising to provide solutions for our clients.
- Effective and confident communicator.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for New Zealand’s largest media company. If you are a team player and have the qualities we are looking for, then apply now.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.